How to make contribution to the code?

Oct 9, 2015 at 4:47 PM
Who is maintaining all the branches?How can we check in the changes?
Coordinator
Oct 13, 2015 at 10:03 PM
Hello,

I am the only developer of OpenCppCoverage :). The plan was that OpenCppCoverage will stay a small project that is why I created on Codeplex and not on Github.
It seems there is a pull request feature in Codeplex but I never play with it.

Do you have a feature request or bug in mind? It is something that can be done with a plug-in system?

OpenCppCoverage
Oct 15, 2015 at 4:58 PM
Hi,

I did not realize there is only you working on this project. I just found that the way the app deals with command line arguments seems a little bit different from what it's been said in documentation. The other thing is, some headers (such as atlmfc/include/atltrace.h in my case) are from system directory, so they should not be counted in the report.

onHinesRoad
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2015 at 10:29 AM
Edited Oct 18, 2015 at 10:32 AM
Hi,

Thanks you for your feedback.

I just found that the way the app deals with command line arguments seems a little bit different from what it's been said in documentation.
Can you detail this point so that I can fix the code or improve the documentation?

The other thing is, some headers (such as atlmfc/include/atltrace.h in my case) are from system directory, so they should not be counted in the report.
Excluding system headers can be hardcoded, but I think the problem is more general. In general, you do not want to compute the code coverage for your external libraries such as boost. Making the different between an external library and your code is not possible in general. To solve this problem, I added the flag --sources that defines the code you want to cover.

Feedbacks in general help me a lot to improve OpenCppCoverage!

Hope that help.

OpenCppCoverage
Nov 12, 2015 at 9:37 PM
Hi,

Sorry to reply you late.

The thing I found is, excluded_sources does not support multiple occurrences.

So in my case , if I want to exclude two paths from report, I have to do this:

opencppcoverage --excluded_sources PATH1 --excluded_sources PATH2 --export_type=cobertura -- .\bin\x64\Release\tests.exe --gtest_output="xml:unittests\test_output\tests.xml"

Instead of doing this :

opencppcoverage --excluded_sources PATH1|PATH2 --export_type=cobertura -- .\bin\x64\Release\tests.exe --gtest_output="xml:unittests\test_output\tests.xml"

Maybe it's not supported anymore in this current release?

Thanks

onHinesRoad
Coordinator
Nov 16, 2015 at 8:56 PM
Hello,

This syntax was never supported in a public release. --excluded_sources does not take a regular expression that is why '|' does not work in your example.
Please see --excluded_sources arg in https://opencppcoverage.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Command-Line%20Reference.

Now the word Pattern is probably not the best choice and perhaps I should try to find a better word to avoid confusion.

Hope that help,

OpenCppCoverage
Marked as answer by OpenCppCoverage on 1/28/2016 at 1:12 PM