Support for C++/CLI

Oct 19, 2016 at 6:02 AM
Hello,

First I'd like to thank you for developing OpenCppCoverage which is very helpful tool.

In my company we work with projects which are written in C#, C++14 and C++/CLI. Measurement of unit test coverage is extremely important matter. For C# projects we use OpenCover, for C++14 OpenCppCoverage. Unfortunatelly we are not able to inspect of unit test coverage for C++/CLI projects which is very big problem for us.

Therefore I'd like to ask you whether you have plans to introduce support of C++/CLI in OpenCppCoverage? If so, when we could expect the first release with this feature?

Thank you in advance for your support.
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2016 at 10:17 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately I have no plan to support C++/CLI. C++/CLI is a CLR program and the way to compute code coverage is completely different compared to an unmanaged application.
I did some tests with OpenCover but it is not working too. Some people reference this link https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jsocha/2011/08/16/capturing-c-code-coverage-with-visual-c/ but it seems the feature is not available in all versions of Visual Studio.

I hope this will help,

OpenCppCoverage
Marked as answer by OpenCppCoverage on 11/27/2016 at 7:09 AM